Healthy Weight Management
Two many cats and dogs in the United States are overweight or obese. We can help.
Your pet is considered overweight when their weight is 15% more than their ideal and obese when their weight is 30% or more above the ideal. Keeping your pet active, lean, and trim literally leads to a longer and healthier life span. Being overweight:
- places extra stress on the joints and ligaments, and can lead to injuries.
- increases risk of developing insulin resistance and diabetes.
- can lead to high blood pressure, with an increased risk of secondary complications like kidney and eye diseases.
- can lead to respiratory distress and exercise intolerance.
- may trigger pancreatitis when combined with high fat in the diet.
All of our staff can offer guidance on nutrition.